Managing Disability at Work
Managing Disability at Work
Wednesday 18th November 2020 | Online Event
The business case for disability inclusivity is clear; employees with disabilities bring unique perspectives, resilience and problem-solving abilities to workplaces. Just 1 in 2 people with disabilities are in work, however, compared with over 80% of the non-disabled population, representing a vast pool of untapped talent.
The current shift towards working from home and the organisational changes brought about by COVID-19 present a unique chance to overhaul workplace policy and culture to better support and include staff with disabilities. It is crucial that organisations seize this opportunity to foster greater disability-inclusivity.
At our upcoming 'Managing Disability at Work' event, you will foster a better understanding of disability and the steps needed to become a disability-confident employer. You will also come away with a crucial understanding of employer responsibilities as staff work remotely.
Please note that on-demand video recordings of all sessions will be made available to delegates following the event.
This event is sponsored by assistive technology providers Texthelp and Microlink. For further information, please visit our sponsors page here.
- Learn how to ensure that disabled staff and their managers are supported, to ensure that staff can do their best work
- Bring new, innovative ideas around creating a disability-inclusive culture in your workplace back to your organisation, with the insight needed to put them into practice
- Hear from leading figures on adapting workplace policy and practice to ensure that disabled staff are supported and can reach their potential
- Earn a CPD certificate for your personal progression
- Enjoy an opportunity to network with expert speakers and your peers
- Trishna Bharadia, Translator and Health Advocate
- Loraine Martins, Director of Diversity and Inclusion, Network Rail
- Diane Lightfoot, Chief Executive Officer, Business Disability Forum
- Fazilet Hadi, Head of Policy, Disability Rights UK
- Karen Jackson, Founder-Director, didlaw
- Kate Nash OBE, Founder & Chief Networkologist, PurpleSpace
- Nasser Siabi, Chief Executive Officer, Microlink PC
- Louise McQuillan, Workplace Solutions Specialist, Texthelp
- Jen Rooney, Founder, The Wellbeing Tortoise
- Paul White, Chief Executive Officer, Hidden Disabilities Sunflower Scheme
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in creating an inclusive workplace, including: employers; HR managers/officers; wellbeing officers; senior managers; consultants; trade unions, staff network leads and representative groups.
Public Sector rate: 1 Place £195 (+VAT) | 4+ Places £150 each (+VAT)
Corporate rate: 1 Place £395 (+VAT)
Charity rate: 1 Place £145 (+VAT)
Dates and Locations
Managing Disability at Work | Online | 18th November 2020
For registration queries please contact:
Kiren Kaur, Diversity & Inclusion Event Manager, Dods PLC
Understanding Disability at Work, using the Equality Act and the Social Model
SPEAKER: Fazilet Hadi, Head of Policy, Disability Rights UK
SPEAKER: Karen Jackson, Founder-Director, didlaw
Supporting disabled staff to work from home
SPEAKER: Jen Rooney, Founder, The Wellbeing Tortoise
Ensuring equal opportunities for disabled staff with assistive technology: a case study from Microlink
Why workplace accommodations are more important than ever - a case study from TextHelp
Case Study: Leading the way: becoming a Disability Confident employer
SPEAKER: Loraine Martins, Director of Diversity and Inclusion, Network Rail
Fostering a disability-inclusive culture, both in the office and remotely
SPEAKER: Diane Lightfoot, Chief Executive Officer, Business Disability Forum
Break for Lunch
In-depth discussion: Shedding light on hidden disability
SPEAKER: Paul White, Chief Executive Officer, Hidden Disabilities Sunflower Scheme
SPEAKER: Trishna Bharadia, Translator and Health Advocate
Keynote & Chair's Closing Remarks