Gender Equality in the Workplace
Gender Equality in the Workplace
24th September 2019 | Central London
In recent years, companies have consistently reported that they are highly committed to gender diversity. Unfortunately, this commitment has not translated into meaningful progress.
Women continue to be vastly underrepresented at every level of seniority, and are still paid on average 8.6% less than their male co-workers. For BAME women, the figures are far worse, with just one in 25 senior leadership roles filled by a woman of colour.
Meanwhile, stereotypes surrounding men in the workplace are preventing them from reaping the benefits of flexible working and making a larger contribution to childcare. A change in attitude towards all genders is required to make sure workplaces are prepared to keep pace with social change.
This conference offers practical advice on removing the barriers that are preventing equality in the workplace. We will discuss together how best to take responsibility for diversity in our organisations, and how to encourage a positive culture change to the benefit of all in your place of work.
This unique event particuarly encourages attendance from all gender identities. The day offers attendees a space for productive discussion surrounding diversity and inclusion, and an opportunity to explore their role in the conversation.
- Julie Dennis, Head of Diversity and Inclusion, Acas
- Emma Codd, Global Special Advisor on Inclusion, Deloitte
- Mark Hashimi, Head of Workplace Wellbeing, Hammersmith & Fulham Mind
- Dan Guiness, Director, Good Lad Initiative
- Asif Sadiq, Head of Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging, The Telegraph
- Patricia Chinyoka, Diversity Advisor, Business in the Community
- Tristan Dugdale- Pointon, Diversity Inclusion Cohesion Equality Advisor, West Midlands Fire Service
- Fiona McClement, Director of Diversity and Inclusion, University College London
- Sian Elloitt, Womens Equality Policy Officer, TUC
- Learn how to boost staff engagement in your organisation
- Bring new, innovative ideas around gender equality back to your organisation, with the insight needed to put them into practice
- Hear from leading figures in workplace gender equality
- Earn a CPD certificate for your personal progression
- Enjoy an opportunity to network with top speakers and fellow colleagues
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in creating an inclusive workplace, including: employers; HR managers/officers; wellbeing officers; senior managers; consultants; trade unions, staff network leads and representative groups.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available to confirm your attendance.
Dates and Locations
Gender Equality in the Workplace | Central London | 24th September 2019
For registration queries please contact:
0207 593 5739
Keynote: Challenging modern sexism- understanding how and why gender discrimination persists in the 21st century
Julie Dennis, Head of Diversity and Inclusion, Acas
Removing the barriers to equality from your workplace
Patricia Chinyoka, Diversity Advisor, Business in the Community
Tristan Dugdale- Pointon, Diversity Inclusion Cohesion Equality Advisor, West Midlands Fire Service
Taking responsibility for diversity: addressing your gender pay gap
Emma Codd, Global Special Advisor on Inclusion, Deloitte
Sian Elloitt, Womens Equality Policy Officer, TUC
Keynote: Men as allies: their role as agents of change
Dan Guiness, Director, Good Lad Initiative
Creating a change in culture: ensuring all staff feel valued in your workplace
Mark Hashimi, Head of Workplace Wellbeing, Hammersmith & Fulham Mind
Asif Sadiq, Head of Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging, The Telegraph
Fiona McClement, Director of Diversity and Inclusion, University College London