Diverse Leaders in Transport
The Diverse Leaders in Transport conference will take place in Central London on Wednesday 22nd January 2020.
Leadership teams across the transport sector have some way to go to in achieving a level of diversity which is truly representative of the populations they serve. Female, BAME, LGBT & disabled colleagues are significantly underrepresented in senior leadership positions across the transport industry; from roads, rail, ports and airports much more needs to be done to correct the imbalance.
According to ASLEF, only 6.5% of train drivers are women and just 8% are from BAME backgrounds. Meanwhile, the Centre for Aviation states only 4.3% of airline pilots are women and whilst this is an increase from 3.4% in 2008, representation in senior leadership positions is significantly less.
The unique Diverse Leaders in Transport conference will explore ways to increase diversity across the transport industry and in leadership teams. Offering practical advice and coaching on how to further develop careers in times of change, we will discuss together how we can manage the challenges of modern leadership and help ensure we don’t lose momentum in recruiting, recognising and rewarding diverse leaders across the transport industry.
- Explore ways to increase the representation of female, BAME, LGBT & disabled colleagues in transport leadership
- Examine the barriers faced thus far in improving diversity & inclusivity in transport leadership and hear how to overcome them
- Identify the unique leadership challenges & opportunities the transport workforce face today
- Hear from inspirational, diverse senior leaders across transport and learn how they thrived in their careers
- Receive practical advice and coaching for increasing and championing diversity throughout your organisation
- Create a lasting network of leaders (and future leaders) across the sector who are effecting change in their organisations
Who should attend?
The Diverse Leaders in Transport conference is aimed at all those who aspire to achieve diverse and balanced leadership teams across the transport sector. Presentations and workshops offer practical advice and coaching relevant to all those seeking to champion diversity throughout your organisation.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available to confirm your attendance.
For all event and registration enquiries, please contact:
0207 593 5739
Registration & refreshments
Opening Keynote Address: Examining diversity across leadership in transport
Morning Panel: Leadership for all: challenging traditional leadership paths & behaviours
Networking & refreshment break
Midday Workshop: Tackling unconscious bias in the workplace
An interactive workshop providing practical examples and tips for tackling unconscious bias.
Afternoon Panel: Amplifying diverse voices: leveraging our differences to drive success
A discussion on the benefits of having a diverse leadership team and the ways it can improve results & drive success across an organisation.
SPEAKER: Staynton Brown, Director of D&I and Talent, Transport for London
Closing Keynote Address: Leading a change in culture: where do we go from here?
Chair's closing remarks