Developing a Family-Friendly Workplace
Developing a Family-Friendly Workplace: Adapting Practice and Enhancing Productivity
28th April 2020 | Central London
in partnership with The Fatherhood Institute
Earlier this year, the Government Equalities Office released a ‘Family Friendly Policies’ guide for employers, drawing a direct line between such policies and tackling the gender pay gap. There are broader implications of such policies, however – creating a family-friendly workplace can also allow parents to engage more fully at home and at work, benefitting productivity, wellbeing, staff loyalty and retention.
The necessary adaptation is three-stranded, and relatively clear-cut. Amending flexible working, parental leave and childcare supports and policies are fundamental to family-friendly workplace practice. Communication is also key, as is cultural change in ensuring that take-up is successful. The needs of alternative families -- such as single-parents, adoptive parents, or gay parents – are also crucial considerations.
Join us for our upcoming event, ‘Developing a Family-Friendly Workplace: Adapting Practice and Enhancing Productivity’. There, you will have the opportunity to hear from speakers pioneering these policies on how to successfully adopt and implement them, whilst learning from experienced practitioners about embedding and championing these changes.
- Claire McCartney, Senior Policy Adviser, Resourcing and Incluson, CIPD
- Adrienne Burgess, Joint CEO and Head of Research, The Fatherhood Institute
- Laura Dewar, Policy Officer, Gingerbread
- Jane van Zyl, CEO, Working Families
- Learn how to transform your organisation into a family-friendly workplace
- Bring new, innovative ideas around supporting parents and families back to your organisation, with the insight needed to put them into practice
- Hear from leading figures about fostering disabled employees' skills and potential
- Earn a CPD certificate for your personal progression
- Enjoy an opportunity to network with top speakers and fellow colleagues
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in making their workplace more family friendly, including: employers; HR managers/officers; wellbeing officers; senior managers; consultants; trade unions, staff network leads and representative groups.The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available to confirm your attendance.
Dates and locations:
Developing a Family-Friendly Workplace | Central London | 28th April 2020
10% Early Bird Discount Available until 24th January 2020
For queries regarding registration please contact:
0207 593 5739
Claire McCartney, Senior Policy Adviser, Resourcing and Inclusion, CIPD
The Family-Friendly Workplace: engaging staff, changing patterns, and closing the gender pay gap
Flexible Working: providing all employees with family-friendly choices
Alternative Families: providing support to all kinds of families
Laura Dewar, Policy Officer, Gingerbread
Parental Leave & Childcare: reviewing provisions and communicating clearly
Jane van Zyl, CEO, Working Families
Championing Change: advocating and normalising family-friendly workplace practice and choices for men and fathers
Adrienne Burgess, Joint CEO and Head of Research, The Fatherhood Institute
Chair's Closing Remarks