Advancing Social Mobility in the Workplace
Advancing Social Mobility in the Workplace: Forging the Path to a Socially Mobile and Inclusive Workplace
21st April 2020 | Central London
Societal barriers preventing talented people from contributing their best come at a huge cost to individuals and businesses alike. UK employers are increasingly aware of the significance of social mobility – the influence of socio-economic background or upbringing on an individual’s life circumstances – for the prosperity of their organisations. Ability and aptitude, rather than social background, ought to determine the value of a person’s work. Failure to recognise this cuts off a huge pool of talent.
Simple changes to how workplaces and businesses operate can allow employees from socio-economically diverse backgrounds to thrive. Adjusting recruitment processes, creating partnerships, using data, and making subtle shifts in mindset can all make a crucial difference in allowing current and prospective employees, and therefore your business, to prosper.
Our upcoming event, ‘Advancing Social Mobility in the Workplace’, tackles the issue of social mobility directly. Attendees will be provided with the knowledge and tools necessary to better facilitate staff from lower socio-economic backgrounds. Receive expert insight from experienced speakers, become better informed, and ultimately come away equipped with the understanding required to transform your business and to make social mobility in your workplace a reality.
Key Speakers Include:
- Jenn Barnett, Director of Inclusion, Diversity and Wellbeing, Grant Thornton UK
- David Adair, Head of Community Engagement, PwC UK
- Emily Hodgson, Employer Relations Manager, The Social Mobility Foundation
- Claire England, Director of Diversity and Inclusion UK, JLL
- Learn how to foster social mobility in your organisation
- Bring new, innovative ideas about supporting staff from lower socio-economic backgrounds back to your organisation, with the insight needed to put them into practice
- Hear about best practice in creating a socially diverse workplace from leading figures
- Earn a CPD certificate for your personal progression
- Enjoy an opportunity to network with top speakers and fellow colleagues
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in advancing social mobility in their workplace, including: employers; HR managers/officers; wellbeing officers; senior managers; consultants; trade unions, staff network leads and representative groups.
The event is CPD certified, and a certificate is available to confirm your attendance.
Dates and Locations
Advancing Social Mobility in the Workplace | Central London | 21st April 2020
10% Early Bird Discount is available until 17th January 2019
For registration queries please contact:
0207 593 5739
Championing social mobility and advancing your business
David Adair, Head of Community Engagement, PwC UK
Emily Hodgson, Employer Relations Manager, The Social Mobility Foundation
Inclusive hiring: addressing barriers to entry and accommodating social diversity
Jenn Barnett, Director of Inclusion, Diversity and Wellbeing, Grant Thornton UK
Developing a socially-mobile workplace: adapting business strategy and practice
Claire England, Director of Diversity and Inclusion UK, JLL
Advancing progress: ensuring opportunity for employees of all social backgrounds
Making headway: forging the path to a socially mobile and inclusive workplace
Chair's Closing Remarks